This site is hosted on a small Digital Ocean server running:
- Let’s Encrypt: a free, automated, and open certificate authority run for the public’s benefit. It is a service provided by the Internet Security Research Group
- mosh to allow persistent terminal connections from iOS
- automysqlbackup to make regular local backups of the database
- awscli: a command line tool to sync to Amazon S3. I have a nightly cron job to sync my local database files that automysqlbackup makes, the letsencrypt directory, and wp-content. It’s a good system.
On the Mac & iOS:
- Ulysses for first draft writing. It’s a lovely, minimal writing environment.
- Ghost Mac app and sometimes the Ghost admin interface for posting
- Prompt for quick fixes and Terminal on the Macintosh
- Blink for longer work sessions because it handles mosh sessions. It's irritating and inconvenient to have your terminal session ended if you leave the application in the background longer than iOS allows. Blink with mosh is the remedy to that.
- Pixelmator for image editing
- Coda: a nice integrated development environment (IDE) for macOS and iOS